وظيفة لدى المجلس الثقافي البريطاني
Exams Resources Manager Maghreb and Levant
Location: Amman, Middle East and North Africa, JO
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
This role is flexible in Levant countries
The purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient and effective sourcing of Exams supply variables (venues, venue staff, examiners, equipment etc.) to ensure that operational capacity is always able to meet demand for British Council Exams products in Egypt. The role will work closely with the British Council Procurement function to ensure that Exams procurement is carried out according to British Council and external regulations.
This role will also be responsible for managing supplier performance and ensuring that contracts are up to date and use global British Council templates
Our work in exams creates international opportunities and builds trust & value for the UK. We:
• Give people access to life changing opportunities through UK qualifications.
• Support the promotion of the UK as a study destination.
• Provide a sustainable base for other cultural relations activities.
Maghreb and Levant Examinations
There is a large geographical spread of countries across the clusters and a range of business profiles and operating environments. 70,000 tests are delivered across the two clusters with about half of these being delivered in Jordan. IELTS is the dominant product across the region with significant volumes of school exams in Jordan and opportunities for Aptis in all countries and ESOL exams in the Maghreb cluster.
Maghreb Cluster – Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya
Tunisia and Morocco are the largest operations in the sub-cluster. Both countries have been pursuing a geographical expansion strategy – delivering IELTS in regional cities. There are also opportunities for Aptis and for school exams in Morocco. In 2018, we will take on the delivery of both UKVI and regular IELTS in Algeria and there are opportunities to grow the business further with possibilities for ESOL examinations. Libya has opportunities for further IELTS growth, school exams and Aptis has been recognised by the Ministry of Education.
Levant Cluster – Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine, Syria and Yemen
Jordan is the largest operation in the sub-cluster with a focus on school exams and with opportunities for both IELTS and Aptis. Lebanon has been noticeably growing in IELTS for the past couple of years mainly for immigration purposes. Iraq has the highest number of Life Skills exams in the region and there is a growing demand for regular IELTS. Palestine are IELTS focussed operations with opportunities for Aptis. At present there is no exams delivery in Syria or Yemen
• Identify Exams supply requirements and plan procurement accordingly;
• Develop categories of spend within the Exams function (IT/furniture/venues etc.) by cluster;
• Support the scoping of tendering activity for categories of spend
• Be the main point of contact for Procurement and Exams Operations teams ensuring procurement activity is undertaken efficiently;
• Be the point of reference for Exams contract templates; have a clear understanding of exams contract templates working with Procurement, Exams Operations and Legal teams;
• Ensure correct contract templates are used;
• Ensure compliance with British Council procurement policy and UK public sector policy;
• Liaise with Procurement to ensure the evaluation process is done transparently;
• Undertake spend analysis on categories and identify tendering opportunities with support of Procurement and Finance teams where necessary;
• Have good understanding of contract management, ensure contracts are signed by appropriate DA for appropriate value and duration;
• Ensure all contracts are appropriately stored and updated on In-Tend
• Develop a partnership relationship with the MENA Procurement and Finance functions;
• Manage communication with stakeholders proactively;
• Anticipate challenges and provide solutions in a timely manner;
• Develop knowledge of supplier base in Maghreb and Levant countries;
• Develop a professional and policy-compliant relationship with key suppliers
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in Exams operations role managing supply variables
- Demonstratable SRM (supplier relationship management) experience
- Good experience of procurement processes
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Arabic
• Experience in a Procurement role
• Public sector tender experience
• Role title: Exams Resources Manager Maghreb and Levant Req ID: 35851
• Number of positions: 1
• Pay Band: 6/G
• Salary: 1010/- JOD
• Contract type: 1 year fixed term local contract
• Location: Flexible in Levant countries
• Closing date and time: 14 February 2023 (23.59 Gulf Standard Time)
This post is open to candidates who have legal rights to work in the country
Please note that all applications should be submitted only in English.
It is advisable to apply in advance to avoid any technical issues at the last moment.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.