اعلان توظيف صادر عن منظمة برنامج الأغذية العالمي
مطلوب موظفين للعمل مع منظمة برنامج الأغذية العالمي في الاردن تبدا الرواتب ب600 دينار
WFP is looking for a Programme Policy Officer to manage the social protection portfolio (CSP strategic outcome 2). He/she will lead the capacity strengthening initiatives for the government actors, as well as oversight of the school feeding activity. He/she will report to the Head of Programme and directly supervise the staff from CSP social protection and school feeding activities while working closely with Programme Support teams (CBT, M&E) as well as other CSP Activities such as those related to humanitarian response to refugees, emergency preparedness and response, and sustainable livelihoods.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Lead WFP’s technical work on social protection:
- Provide technical advice for the Government on a wide range of social protection programme and policy issues to support government efforts to reduce hunger, malnutrition and poverty through national social protection systems.
- Provide technical assistance to government counterparts (NAF, MoSD, MoE) to enhance social protection systems, including design, targeting, delivery, verification, accountability, evidence generation and reporting, in close coordination with the World Bank and UN agencies including UNICEF, ILO and UNDP
- Facilitate technical knowledge and experience sharing on enhancing shock-responsiveness and inclusiveness of the national social protection system.
- Contribute to the design and operationalization of referrals mechanisms between different key service providers based on robust and interoperable information management systems (i.e NUR).
- Identify areas for decentralized capacity strengthening support to national actors at the local level and design a roadmap for technical assistance provision.
- Contribute to strategic and technical efforts for the humanitarian-development-peace nexus, including the harmonization between humanitarian unconditional assistance and national social assistance, and foster sustainable linkages between social assistance, social security and livelihoods/self-reliance building programmes.
2. Guide WFP social protection strategy in Jordan:
- Formulate WFP’s social protection vision in Jordan, adapting the WFP global social protection strategy to the Jordanian context and its national priorities.
- Explore opportunities to link informal workers such as small-holder farmers or school feeding kitchen workers to social security/insurance schemes, in close collaboration with CSP activities related to school feeding, emergency preparedness and response, self-reliance building and climate action.
- Formulate and implement a monitoring framework to generate evidence on institutional capacity strengthening results, in collaboration with VAME unit.
3. Involvement in broader Social Protection discussions:
- Enhance WFP’s leadership status in different forums on subjects related to social protection through direct contribution to discussions or policy/strategy formulation and provision of briefings, presentations and other knowledge products.
- Foster South-South and Triangular Cooperation for social protection knowledge sharing and best practice promotion.
- Contribute to the design and operationalization of the shock responsive social protection chapter within the national social protection strategy.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of graduation workstream and transitional pathways for beneficiaries of non-contributory schemes (i.e social assistance) to contributory and more sustainable social protection schemes (social insurance).
4. Oversee the school feeding activity:
- Orient the technical assistance and provision of advisory services to the Ministry of Education in line with the operationalization of the national school feeding strategy action plan
- Ensure the complementary direct delivery component of the school feeding activity is planned and implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Sustain established partnerships and develop new ones in line with the needs identified within the social protection domain and opportunities for collaborative approaches.
6. Team management:
- Manage the team in line with the workplan of the CSP social protection pillar to ensure expected deliverables are met in a timely manner.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Economics, Public Administration, Public Policy or other field relevant to international development assistance with at least 6 years of experience in national social protection implementation in middle-income countries or First University Degree with 8 years of related work experience
Experience: Five (5) years of operational experience in national social protection systems, including responsibility for liaising with different line ministries at national and decentralized levels.
Language: Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in middle-income countries from the Middle East region desired (especially Jordan, Turkey, Egypt).
- Work experience with UN, donor of IFI desired.
- Demonstrated diplomatic skills and capacity to nudge government action.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives : Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change : Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team : Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions : Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture : Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback : Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit : Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios)
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions : Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results : Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments : Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive : Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units : Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning
- Build strong external partnerships : Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships
- Be politically agile & adaptable : Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships : Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
التقديم المباشر من خلال الضغط على الصورة بالاعلى