مطلوب مساعد اداري للعمل لدى هيئة الأمم المتحدة للمرأة-توجيهي كحد ادنى
About the jobBackground
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women Jordan Country Office supports the Government of Jordan to implement global norms and standards on gender equality and women’s empowerment; promotes women’s economic empowerment; and implements a resilience and empowerment model for Syrian refugee women and vulnerable Jordanian women. The country office is implementing a new Strategic Note for the period 2023 – 2027.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. The Administrative Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme and projects staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to travel arrangements, protocol and office transportation
- Collect and process information and documentation for Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors;
- Manage the drivers’ schedules;
- Track and log the use of fuel.
- Process all protocol requests for international staff and office including visas for all UN travelers.
- Provide administrative support to processing and facilitating proper documentation management
- Store, manage, and track documents in a SharePoint database;
- Maintain hard and electronic filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials including documentation, record retention, and retrieval in line with record management procedures;
- Route documentations from Country Offices to the proper unit for processing, as required.
- Provide administrative support to assets management and procurement
- Inspect and verify all incoming assets (equipment, furniture, and inventory), and schedule deliveries to users;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Create suppliers profiles in Quantum
- Maintain inventory records;
- Provide administrative support to the annual physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Prepare Purchase Orders; process invoices related to office building services (utilities and contractors);
- Coordinate with building management on all aspects of office maintenance and maintain a log of work performed;
- Serve as the focal point for facilities management and oversee the services provided by service contractors on cleaning and maintenance of office space
- Process micro-purchase procurement requests as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the organizing of the CO’s meetings and panels
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Arrange the logistics of the CO’s meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities, as requested.
- Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Facilitate trainings for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Perform other tasks as may be requested.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Quality support to conferences and events;
- Quality organization of files and reports; timely routing of documents;
- Timely support to team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Please visit the link below for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
Required Skills And Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience working with the UN is an asset
- Experience in the use of Quantum is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P- 11) which can be downloaded from. https://www.unwomen.org/en/about- us/employment/application-process .Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect.
UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)
Refer a Friend Apply Now
التقديم من خلال الضغط على الصورة بالاعلى