Volunteer Opportunity with an International Organization
Country: Amman, Jordan
Role: Country Logistics Volunteer
Duration: 6 months, starting from August 2023
For the past 30 years, Acted, an international NGO, has been dedicated to saving lives and meeting the needs of people in hard-to-reach areas. With a presence in 43 countries, Acted supports 20 million individuals and operates as a humanitarian, environmental, and development aid actor.
Acted works closely with local and international partners, leveraging its in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions. The organization envisions a "3ZERO" world - Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty.
Acted in Syria:
Since 2012, Acted has been actively implementing projects to support vulnerable communities in Syria. Their approach focuses on providing life-saving assistance to displaced persons, returnees, and host communities through rapid emergency services. Additionally, Acted implements resilience-building interventions, establishing strong connections with local communities and gaining deep insights into local dynamics.
Currently, a team of 900+ individuals is working in Syria.
As a Logistics Volunteer, you will support the Country Logistics Manager in reinforcing logistics processes in the country. Your responsibilities will include providing technical support, capacity building for logistics staff, and supporting logistics management in the absence of the Country Logistics Manager/Country Logistics Officer.
- Contribute to improving logistics processes in the country.
- Assist in procurement, stocks, deliveries, fleet management, asset management, communications, IT management, and logistics follow-up.
- Train logistics and other staff on logistics procedures and tools.
- Support logistics documentation.
- Provide support for logistics operations as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree in logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent (preferably at the master's level).
- Experience in logistics in a professional environment (internship experience is acceptable).
- Familiarity with basic office software programs.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian field will be an asset.
- Volunteer position.
- Monthly living allowance of 300 USD.
- Coverage of accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel expenses.
- Luggage allowance of 50 kg.
- Provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One-week pre-departure training, including 4 days of in situ security training.
- Psychological assistance is available.
How to Apply:
Please email your application (CV and letter of motivation) to email@example.com, indicating the reference: CLV/WOS. Please note that ACTED does not charge any fees for the recruitment process.