اعلان توظيف براتب JOD 1,535 تعلن سفارة مملكة هولندا في عمان عن شاغر اداري
Job description - Management Assistant
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Jordan is looking for a part-time Management Assistant. The selected candidate will work two days a week, these days are fixed (every Wednesday and Thursday). She/he will work alongside the (full time) Management Assistant and will share her role with the other Management Assistant who works 3 days a week.
The Management Assistant will fulfil a key role at the Embassy. He/she needs to be a multi-tasker and a team player while also being flexible, pro-active and responsible. Deadline for applications is Saturday 30 September 2023. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
A. BASIC INFORMATION
Job title : Management Assistant
Service Component / post : Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN), Amman, Jordan
Job level : 07 - Gross monthly starting salary in the range of JOD 1,535 to 2,047
(for 37.5 hrs a week; part-time employment will be calculated pro rata),
depending on qualifications and relevant experience. Other benefits
include medical insurance, Social Security, 13th and 14thmonth, leave
days and family allowances.
Working hrs per week : 15 hours
The Management Assistant provides organisational, secretarial and administrative support to management and/or staff of the embassy:
• provides secretarial support to management and ad-hoc requests from management to assist other staff members
• provides or coordinates secretarial/administrative support
• has considerable seniority and can work largely independently
• acts as a link with the internal organisation and external environment, makes connections, assesses interests and weighs up consequences
• coordinates complex information from various sources
• contributes to compiling management information
• maintains contacts with a view to harmonising processes and procedures
Secretarial and administrative support activities at the mission are clustered in a secretarial-administrative pool headed by the Operational Manager. The employee will service and receive work instructions from the Ambassador, the Deputy Head of Mission and the Operational Manager.
B. TASKS AND RESULT AREAS
B.1. Description of Tasks
• Coordinates and implements secretarial/administrative work, prioritising specific tasks (including mail and agenda management of the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission, incoming and outgoing correspondence, and the management of AMM-CDP mailbox).
• Telephone communication
• Responds to, or coordinates the response to, a wide-ranging variety of questions, requests and calls
• Coordinates complex information from various sources
• Organization of events, including coordinating the King’s Day, official visits and missions
• Drafting (official) notes on various matters following necessary instructions
• Maintaining an updated database with contacts of the embassy
• Acts as a link or contact with the internal organisation and external environment
• Prioritises, assesses urgency, makes connections and weighs up the consequences of taking action, monitors progress and completion of tasks, identifies issues and sends reminders
• Provides general information regarding substance and procedure and administrative and organizational processes
• Makes part of core team for Sharepoint and Sophia archiving system and is first point of contact for questions of embassy staff
• Drafts reports, keeps minutes of the general staff meetings, elaborates and draws up documents and takes care of correspondence, following general instructions
• Provides general administrative, logistical and organisational support of the management or to other staff when requested by management
• Receives and speaks to visitors, plays a key role in connection with appointments, the reception of guests and visitors, and meetings, both internal and external
• Creates and updates work files
• Draws up overviews for management and other staff upon instructions
B.2 Result Areas
• Internal secretarial/administrative procedures and regulations
• Assessment based on the quality of secretarial, organisational and administrative support work
• How duties are performed is left largely to the Management Assistant or following instructions of the Ambassador, the Deputy head of Mission or the Operational Manager
• Acts as a contact/link, making arrangements relating to administration and processes, and coordinating work with regard to the provision of services
• Maintains internal and external contacts regarding the implementation and progress of tasks, providing explanations and support, and exchanging information
D. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
D.1 Knowledge and skill requirements
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
• Adequate level of spoken and written Arabic
• Fluent oral and flawless written proficiency in English
• Oral and written proficiency in Dutch is considered as highly desirable
• In-depth knowledge of Jordanian society, culture, approaches
• Skilled in Windows-based MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook
• Knowledge of management assistance methods, secretarial work and general secretarial/administrative procedures and regulations
• General knowledge and understanding of current (related) policy areas and processes in which the Netherlands is involved with in Jordan
• Knowledge of standard documentation and archiving techniques
• Understanding of civil service and political interests and sensitivities, of primary processes and of administrative, organisational and functional relationships
• Skilled in operating as a link with third parties (external and foreign relations) at senior political and official level
• Skilled in collecting and interpreting data and compiling management information
• Skilled in secretarial/administrative work, and in coordinating complex information flows and processes from various sources, weighing up consequences, interests, priorities etc.
• Communication skills
• Planning and organizing
• Oral and written communication skills
D.3 Level of education / additional training and knowledge
• Fluent and flawless in English
• Adequate level of Arabic Secondary vocational level
• Training in secretarial support
• Proven track record in secretarial work
• Knowledge of Dutch is highly desirable
E. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Netherlands embassy is located in Abdoun Al Shamali and houses a team of almost 40 staff members among which attachés, (regional) policy officers and support staff. The Management Assistant is part of the General Affairs/Consular Team of the Embassy. This team consists of 12 employees, headed by the Operational Manager, and responsible for operational management, consular affairs and management assistance.
The atmosphere at the embassy is informal, one-team oriented while everyone is expected to take full responsibility for his/her own tasks. Management aim at a professional working environment with high ethical and collegial standards. Working languages are English, Dutch and Arabic.
Operational Manager: Annelies Wilson-Lacet, via firstname.lastname@example.org.